Our client seeks to employ an Administrative Assistant with experience in an office environment,preferably with some exposure to mining (or industry) operations, to join its team of professionalsproviding Consulting, Design Engineering and EPCM services to the minerals industry.
Our business prides itself on its technical and commercial excellence in project delivery, regardless ofclient size and location. We deliver solutions to our clients in the core field of mining and mine wastemanagement, with a focus on mine optimization using backfill as a primary tool (hydraulic, paste, CRF)integrated with state-of-the-art mine waste management (thickened tailings, paste, filter cake that canincorporate mine waste rock management concepts).
The successful candidate will ideally have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skillsand would be comfortable work independently or in a team environment. This person will provideadministrative duties and interpersonal communications (internally and externally).
The Administrative Assistant role will be based in our client’s Sudbury office and will work with both local and global staff, providing valuable assistance on a range of consulting, laboratory and design engineering projects.
Our client is a Mining Consulting company with specialized resources in Backfill and Tailings Management.Although our client’s two main offices are in Sudbury and Vancouver, our client has access to a full international team of integrated mining specialists who support the full range of projects. Our technical. resource group is combined with our EPCM group, allowing us to provide specialized, innovative, cost-effective and reliable paste backfill and surface tailings disposal solutions that are unsurpassed in the industry.
The candidate must have:
- Business Administration related education;
- Proficiency in oral and written communication within the team and with clients;
- Ability to manage document control – filing and distribution;
- Ability to meet deadlines while ensuring high standards of accuracy;
- Ability to manage document templates for consistency and content;
- Perform basic data entry and review of documents for content;
- Arrange and attend meetings, as required;
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Open and honest work fashion with colleagues and clients; and
- Demonstration of a comprehensive understanding of the delivery of excellence in health, safety,
- environment, and community sustainability.
- Administrative experience in an industrial setting;
- Competency with the use of MS Project.
- Reviewing legal contracts and tenders