Asset Integrity Lead
Asset Integrity – Lead
Creighton Mine utilizes the Asset Integrity Program to assess and track all mobile equipment and installed systems related to the operation on a macro level. This applies to all aspects of the operation on surface and underground. All equipment is evaluated and weighted from the perspective of down-time risk as it impacts financial, environmental, health and safety, and social aspects also considering Vale’s image or reputation. Equipment suppliers and SLAs are considered when performing these evaluations for spare parts, support, expected turnaround times, etc. Meeting production targets is a key input to the asset evaluation process.
Creighton Mine has a maintenance engineering program in place that analyzes plant equipment from a maintenance perspective and then recommends maintenance intervals, lubrication, requirements, partial overhauls, complete overhauls, or replacement (i.e., end of life). This information is gathered through routine physical inspections, component failure data, and the use of instrumentation to track temperature, loading, vibration, cycle times, etc. This process optimizes the return on capital investment and the condition of the asset.
This role is focussed on assessing and implementing improvements to the materials handling system, shaft and any other assets found to need improvement to meet a 1.5M tpa production rate from Creighton.
Manage the evaluation of the operation systems within the area of accountability to achieve the following outputs:
Zero Harm to employees, the business, the environment, and the community.
Achieve/exceed production quality and quantity targets while maximizing operating efficiency.
Achieve total product and unit cost, and capital (as applicable) expenditure targets.
- Work with the HSE Committee to develop actions to improve safety, health and environmental performance.
- Lead and coach members to ensure safe production behaviours are exhibited by team members.
- Lead and ensure safe production behaviours are exhibited by all crew members.Coach members on consistently achieving SLA and take corrective action when necessary to address noncompliance.
- Meet objectives and comply with monthly safety plans, incident reporting process, policy/procedure reviews, etc.
- Review and communicate Risk Management situations with crew members at line-up and field discussions. Follow notification protocols for incidents and initiate on-shift investigations.
- Identify and correct negative special cause circumstances that are within authority level and escalate those that are outside authority.
- Support the development of Execution Plan strategies and implement operating plans for the area(s) of responsibility, considering targets and related actions to reduce incident frequency rates, environmental performance, production output, quality, costs, and capital expenditures.
- Develop weekly and monthly production and/or maintenance plans and update forecasts as required. Escalate when plans and/or forecasts will not be achieved.
- Monitor area production and/or maintenance performance as well as asset integrity to confirm that processes are in place to maintain the plant and equipment, sustain/build capability, and to achieve the targets outlined in the Execution Plan.
- Execute Asset Integrity reviews and support development of action plans to address‘ at risk’ assets.
- Identify required changes to the established production and/or maintenance schedules that will impact either upstream or downstream customers.
- Analyze processes and identify common causes of variation and develop action plans to make the necessary changes to correct the common causes.
- Ensure that team member qualifications are kept current for required work assignments, and schedule training as required.
- Provide performance feedback to team members, coaches, and counsel employees on the standards of behaviour, and take corrective action as required.
- Coordinate vacation schedules for staff and hourly personnel within their area(s) of responsibility.
- Support the asset Commissioning process and execute Performance Tests.
- Represent the Shaft Operation (BU) in Handover process, receiving the deliverables