Commercial Legal Assistant
We are looking for a qualified candidate who can confidently handle a heavy workload, including, but not limited to, the following:
· Providing independent professional support services;
· Preparing and drafting various documentation related to commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions and financings;
· Preparing documentation related to business financings and asset purchase and sale transactions;
· Conducting and reviewing various searches and related due diligence;
· Assisting with preparation of reporting letters in respect of transactions;
· Assisting the other commercial law clerks generally with all matters relating to the firm’s commercial law practice, as well as other client development initiatives;
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
· College degree/Certificate in law clerk studies, or equivalent work experience;
· Minimum five years’ experience as a commercial law clerk or real estate law clerk in a law firm or corporation;
· Experience working with PC Law, The Conveyancer and Teraview;
· Client-service oriented, including strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Proven ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and adjust to changing needs of the firm;
· Good judgement and organizational skills; and
· High attention to detail.
Our client welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. All resumes to be kept under strict confidence.
Our client is a new Sudbury-based law firm formed by its founding partners, It is a boutique firm focused on business, real estate, wills and estates law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $74,796.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (preferred)