Construction Coordinator / Supervisor of Services Surface Plants
We are currently seeking a Construction Coordinator / Supervisor of Services – Surface Plants for our client’s mining operation in the Sudbury area. The candidate will optimize the management of all external resources required to support plant project and maintenance/operation work and integrate the work at the plant level. This position is working on site for a fixed 1 year term with yearly renewal (based on performance).
- Execute approved Capital and Operating projects including related commissioning/ops readiness (Service Giving)
- Provide construction coordination for Capital and Operating projects (Coordinate)
- Provide operational support and direct supervision of contractors (Service Giving)
- Develop scopes of work for plant specific non-continuous contract requirements (Service Giving)
- Support the management of requisitions and performance of Technical and Commercial Evaluations (Coordinate)
- Support the service demand planning of project and continuous contracts (Coordinate)
- Support the Contract Management Office during continuous service contract scope development, demand planning and issue management of continuous service contracts (Service Giving)
- Coordinate material logistics required for project execution (Coordinate)
- Perform Kick Off Meetings and Process Hazard Reviews with contractors (Service Giving)
- Coordinate contractor Lenel and gate access approvals for all contracts (Coordinate)
- Monitor contractor work approvals, site access, quality, efficiency, qualifications and safety (Monitor)
- Review, validate and approve Contractor Time Sheets
- Review, validate and sign off on Contractor Invoices that services have been received
- Understand the scope of the contract to ensure the proper contract/contractor is utilized before scheduling a contractor in to perform work (Coordinate)
- Perform contractor audits for quality, qualifications, compliance, invoice auditing (Audit)
- Understand and access plant budget and contract spend information (Monitoring)
- Understand business value regarding contracts and contract management at the plant (Service Giving)
Support the ERM Superintendent in the execution of Capital Projects, Operating Projects and maintenance and operations contract service work.
- Coordinate all contractor service work performed at the plant
- Coordinate between 5-10 projects continuously that would employ 25-75 contractors
- Coordinate projects with an annual Capital spend of $10-50 Million and an annual Operating spend of $10 - $30 Million.
- Coordinate Planned Maintenance Periods with a 2 – 4 week shutdown where work performed would be valued at up to 50 Million in the period and employ up to 500 contractors
- Community College Education in an engineering, technical or trades discipline is required
- PMP Designation is considered an asset
- minimum 2-5 years’ experience in project management related role
- preferred knowledge and understanding of project management principles and strategies with strong project management skills
- Preferred certification in Technologist or Engineer (Peng)
Monday - Friday, 40hrs/week
Competitive salary based on experience/qualifications
Contact PersonEmilie Bouchard
Accommodations are available upon request for all individuals with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process.