In your role as Electrical Engineer, you are responsible for leading electrical design projects from concept to complete preparation of construction documents and specifications. This includes executing, coordinating, and expediting a succession of different engineering activities, as part of capital expenditure projects. You will establish project strategy, review drawings, and ensure elements of design and detailing adhere to jurisdictional requirements while delivering excellent technical, financial, and social solutions for our clients.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited university (preferably in electrical, mechatronics, or power engineering).
• Professional engineering licence or eligible for registering as a professional engineer in Ontario.
• Valid driver’s licence with access to a personal vehicle.
· 5-10 years relevant experience in an engineering or project management role with a technical firm.
· Be able to collect and compile operational or experimental data and prepare scope of work, estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications, and reports.
· Extensive knowledge in Ontario and Canadian engineering standards, codes, and guidelines.
· Strong industrial experience, with experience in surface and underground mining being an asset.
· Experience in preliminary and detailed substation design an asset.
· Experience with low and medium voltage distribution and control.
· Front End Loaded (FEL) engineering studies industrial and/or utility clients.
· Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
· Client relationship management experience.
· Ability to mentor junior designers and engineers.
· Strong organizational, planning and leadership skills
· Strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Able to ensure that all programs and controls maintain a safe operating environment.
· Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, and other visual aids.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
· Effectively liaise with engineers, designers, and specialists to ensure client needs are met.
· Able to work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines.
· Willingness to travel and to go on site on occasion.