Reporting to theRegional Manager,Contracts and Supply Chain, the role will involve working closely with technical leads, Engineers, procurement., planners, and vendors. Expediting's prime responsibility is to ensure that all vendor drawings, shipments, and deliveries are received as required by the Project schedule.
• Expedite materials and equipment in accordance with the terms and conditions of the purchase order or contract.
• Assess the terms, conditions, and nature of the purchase order to determine type of material and equipment being supplied, delivery date, payment requirements, point of supply and port of export, transport requirements, and urgency in relation to the project schedule.
• Continually liaise with vendors to monitor and measure progress, address issues affecting delivery, and assess shipping requirements (weights, dimensions, and volume)
• Monitoring the vendor’s progress against the procurement/fabrication plan, the Vendor Deliverables Requirement List (VDRL),the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and the Project’s Master Schedule.
• Establishing specific expediting plans for each package based on their complexity and criticality
• Assessing and verifying the reported progress and predicted delivery dates, reporting any potential slippages on delivery schedule to the project planner and Project manager.
• Working with the purchase requisition or on maintaining updates on all procurement activities on awarded projects. Gathering and updating status of purchase requisitions for materials and services.
• Working with the task leads on awarded projects for following up and documenting the progress of deliverables
• Maintaining close interaction with the vendors’ shipping contactor freight forwarding representative and the Project Warehouse to optimize coordination of materials flow.
• Working with Vendors & Suppliers in ensuring required documentation is accounted for in all active projects.
• Maintaining the master database for project progress both in spreadsheet version and on client’s system.
Participating in material requirement planning improvements/implementation team meetings for individual projects. Providing status updated of expediting and quality surveillance activities to the project on regular basis such as dates of delivery and VDRLStatus Report for packages
• Minimum 5 years of proven experience as construction expeditor
• Experience in project management
• Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment
• Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and filing systems
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities
• Apt in problem-solving