The Expeditor will coordinate all vendor activities to achieve Vale Voisey’s Bay Operations delivery objectives. Ensure that adequate supplies of raw materials and equipment meet production requirements and coordinate the flow of documents, materials, reagents, chemicals, tools, parts and processed goods to meet these goals.
The primary directive is to ensure the timely delivery of documents, equipment and materials by the suppliers and their sub suppliers and ensure they are delivered in accordance with the purchase order contractual dates. By taking a proactive approach in monitoring, coordinating and reporting on all activities at the supplier or shop the expeditor is responsible for identifying potential problems and recommending corrective actions.
- Interface with suppliers on all warehouse stock PO’s including contacting vendors to see iforder was received/processed/shipped.
- Manage weekly Open PO report and Expediting Log.
- Work with transport companies to expedite urgent orders for site.
- Working with the vendors to close out Quarantine Issues.
- Work with procurement/vendors to resolve receiving issues. (No PO, Over Shipments,
- Stocked out items).
- Track status of repairable items.
- Work with Finance/Warehouse on outstanding invoices
- Creation of material masters within SAP Inventory module.
- Point of contact for plant asset disposal (Centre for Material Disposal).
- Interface with auction contractor, buyers and stakeholders onsite.
- Conduct cost effective service levels within the KPI’s established by the Supply Chain area.
- Monitor transportation costs and seek efficiencies in the Supply Ch
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field preferred
- SCMP enrolment or related designation(s) is considered an asset
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role or industry
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of logistics and procurement principles and regulations as well as of mining, milling, and refining processes is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Knowledge of SAP, Nimbi, and Supplier Network Management is an asset.
- Creative problem solver and able to respond to various situations with appropriate
Knowledge of governmental rules, regulations etc. with regards to the transportation of
- dangerous goods.
Travel & Accommodations:
All travel to and from the site will be coordinated by the company NES. Our client’s charter willpick up the employee, at defined locations within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, atno cost. Accommodations and meals will be provided by the company while on the Voisey’s BayMine Sit