To fulfill the geological requirements for the Mines Technical Services team in Manitoba, under the direction of site-Chief Mine Geologists. The MTS Team is seeking a Geologist-In-Training in contract work to support with multiple duties including (a) geological and geotechnical core logging, (b) Underground Probing and (c) Mine production Geology.
- Follow all safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures. Stay current with all safety requirements
- Complete Site-Specific induction training required to conduct work Underground and in Core Facilities
- Geological and geotechnical logging on diamond drill core logging
- Maintain core logging data in database
- QAQC data set, drill logs, sample assays
- Technical support and consultation with senior geological staff
- Provide support to Mine Operations which may include geological and structural back mapping, collecting geological data (including IFG probing) for the purpose of ore interpretation and reserve and resource calculations
- Communicate observed and potential safety hazards to supervision
- Carry out specific accountabilities as assigned by the Chief Mine Geologist
Monday - Friday, 8hrs/day
Contact PersonCarla Fennell
Accommodations are available upon request for all individuals with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process.