Health Safety and Risk Management System Specialist
· Lead the development, management, monitoring, certification and review HSR Management System (HSR MS) including the framework, policies, procedures and system tools.
· Map compliance of the HSR Management system to ISO 45001, including reporting performance and effectiveness.
· Develop and implement HSR procedures and supporting tools that meet business requirements and comply with relevant legislation and codes of practice.
· Provide support and advice to employees and leaders on the application HSR policies and procedures, legislation, and codes of practice as appropriate.
· Manage, coordinate or support the implementation of initiatives to support and achieve continuous improvement in the HSR function.
· Develop, coordinate and monitor the HSR assurance program, including providing feedback and advice to leaders on any trends and opportunities for improvement whilst maintaining alignment with the overarching assurance program.
· Conduct field coaching to support HSR Partners and ensure system requirements remain effective and fit for purpose.
· Investigate serious incidents and review investigation reports for root cause analysis.
· Act as the Lead Auditor for internal HSR assurance activities as identified in the HSR assurance program.
· Demonstratedknowledge and experience in coordinating the accreditation and continuousimprovement of HSR Management Systems.
· Demonstratedhigh level of experience in developing and implementing health, safety andwellbeing policies and procedures, including implementing training andawareness programs.
· Demonstratedhigh level of experience interpreting and providing advice on HSR legislationand codes of practice.
· Demonstratedtechnical knowledge of health and safety in an industrial environment.
· Demonstratedability to establish, implement and monitor a corporate HSR assurance programaligned with the three lines of defense model.
· Demonstratedexperience in facilitating and conducting risk assessments.
· Demonstratedexperience in planning, scheduling and conducting HSR assurance activities.
· Demonstrateddata analysis and reporting skills to inform leaders of HSR Management Systemperformance and provide advice on any areas of risk or potential improvement.
· Demonstratedability to partner with key internal and external stakeholders to lead, supportand influence improvements in HSR leadership, behaviors and outcomes.
· Demonstratedsuperior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to inform,influence and engage at all levels.
· Demonstratedexperience in the use and application of Microsoft applications (word, excel,power point, etc.).
· Post-Secondary Education within Health and Safety or related program;
· CRSP designation is considered an asset.
· Minimum of 5 - 8 years of related safety experience
· Experience with SHR Management systems implementation and auditing is mandatory
· Experience in a mining or similar industrial setting is an asset