Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic (HDEM)
We are currently seeking a Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic for our client’s mining operation in Sudbury, Ontario. This is a permanent full time unionized position with shift work of a 5-5-4 schedule.
The role of the Heavy-DutyEquipment Mechanic is to provide a full range of mechanical functions including servicing, troubleshooting, and maintaining motorized equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical failures of motorized equipment.
- Performing daily equipment inspections.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance to ensure work meets manufacturers specifications.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date service logs and documentation.
- Ordering parts as required to complete repairs.
- Following daily line-ups and executing scheduled work in accordance with health and safety standards as well as manufacturer specifications.
- Minimum three years of recent, relevant experience is required. Experience working in underground mining/ industrial experience would be an asset.
- 421A Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Certificate of Apprenticeship and Certificate of Qualification is required.
- Experience with maintenance on Jumbos and Bolters is an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong diagnostic skills to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Committed to maintaining a safe and efficient work environment.
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
Shift Work: 5-5-4 schedule
Contact PersonMelodie Kulson
Accommodations are available upon request for all individuals with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process.