Intermediate or Senior Structural Engineer
Our client, an engineering consultant company is looking for a motivated individual capable of running & managing structural engineering jobs. The candidate must have the following key personal attributes:
· Honest, confident, assertive, and of a fair mindset.
· Always willing to work collaboratively and constructively with others.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Working with clients on a day-to-day basis to ensure projects are meeting the client’s expectations and requirements.
- Create & manage engineering project proposals and budgets.
- Work with the team to ensure all projects are delivered with the highest level of quality, on schedule, and on budget.
- Perform various types of structural assessments and inspections on existing client infrastructure and prepare reports providing detailed observations and findings.
- Perform peer reviews on designs and reports.
- Create and oversee the development of designs for a variety of structural applications across various market segments served by such as but not limited to:
· Mining Sector (Surface and Underground)
· Pulp & Paper
· Mobile Equipment
· Hydro Electric Generation
· Others as required
- Meet with clients (at their sites and online) as required to fulfill project requirements.
- Promote and develop new business opportunities for the Client. This may include the need to travel to various client sites within the province, nationally, and internationally.
The candidate must be a professional engineer licensed in the province of Ontario and able to seal and approved designs created by the team. The candidate must have a good working knowledge of reading both structural and/or mechanical drawings as well as the amount of effort required to create them. The candidate would also have a good working knowledge of the following software platforms:
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Any additional design software is a bonus
· Structural analysis software (i.e. STAAD).