We arecurrently seeking a Millwright for our client’s mining operation in Sudbury,Ontario. This is a permanent full time unionized position. Work schedule can vary depending on assigned site and crew.
The role of the Millwright is to complete preventative and corrective maintenance on site equipment and structures as well as project work related to basic machining and fabrication. The key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Installing, troubleshooting, dismantling, re-assembling, overhauling, and repairing machinery and equipment according to layout plans.
- Operating hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes to position machinery and parts during installation, set-up, and repair of machinery.
- Performing scheduled, emergency, and preventative maintenance in the shop, plant, field and underground.
- Following daily line-ups and executing scheduled work in accordance with health and safety standards as well as manufacturer specifications.
- Minimum three years of recent, relevant experience is required. Experience working in underground mining/ industrial experience would be an asset.
- Industrial Mechanic – Millwright Certificate of Apprenticeship and Certificate of Qualification is required.
- Experience with repairs, overhauls, installations, dismantling, modifying, replacing, adjusting, testing, lubricating and maintaining all types of plant and mine equipment and tools.
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong diagnostic skills to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Committed to maintaining a safe and efficient work environment.
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
Work schedule can vary depending on assigned site and crew. Either Monday to Friday or Shift Work: 5-5-4 schedule
Contact PersonMelodie Kulson
Accommodations are available upon request for all individuals with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process.