The Package Engineer is focused on engineering coordination with engineering contractors, constructioncontractors, and the owner’s team for scope definition/control, and schedule of engineering deliverables to meetprocurement, construction, and operational requirements. The role holder will provide technical review and advisethe Owner’s Team on technical matters as well as review engineering deliverables for quality control andcompliance with design specifications and contractual requirements. The role will also include liaising withOperation and Maintenance groups to clarify design basis requirements and may involve the coordination ofreviews with other third-party organizations to obtain regulatory or specialist input.
- Assist the Project Engineer(s) in review of design criteria for specific components of a given project. Review component design for compliance with the established engineering specifications, project requirements and budget.
- Represent the interests of the Owner as technical design concepts are developed to ensure cost-effective solutions are incorporated in the design.
- Review vendor documents for compliance with established design criteria.
- Evaluate if the third-party engineering firms have assigned suitable qualified and experienced
- engineering resources based on the quality of deliverables received.
- Assist the Project Engineer(s) in expediting the engineering deliverables and interface with the
- balance of Project Team support organizations as required to assemble RFQ packages to allow contracting of service and/or supply packages (i.e Procurement, Construction and ProjectControls)
- Assist the Project Engineer(s) with technical bid evaluations related to construction and equipment supply packages.
- Evaluate and report any scheduling or engineering quality issues to the Project Engineer(s).
- Work with Project Controls to ensure methods of measuring engineering progress are in place to
- monitor engineering execution
- Participate in development of Risk Management plan including identification and evaluation of
- engineering/technical risks to project development.
- Develop process and interface with Operations representatives to ensure required input into project development
- Manage field engineering support to ensure continuity of design intent as well as provide
- technical support for Commissioning and Operational Readiness groups.
- Coordinate and resolve conflicting inputs of team members through the design and implementation phases;
- Review of engineering deliverables for his/her assigned area of the Project, as required, to
- validate quality and technical content is within the company standards;
- Coordinate the identification and integration of Project safety, operability, maintenance, and
- constructibility requirements in the design and the project deliverables;
- Influence decisions in order to help attain Project objectives;
- Provide guidance in the preparation of manuals, training, and transfer of the Project to Operations
- University Degree from a Recognized Canadian University
- 10 + years plus experience in a mechanical engineering role.
- Previous layout experience in the design and construction of Utilities Facilities
- Good understanding of maintainability, constructibility, safety and operating issues related to the equipment.
- Strong ability to analyze the consequences of layout changes and prioritize the best solutions as the design progresses.
- Strong leadership and coordination skills.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Project Management Professional PMP
- A high degree of understanding of commissioning methodologies.
- Reasonable experience in the application of design systems for the discipline that supports a 3D, data centric design environment
To be negotiated
Contact PersonCarolina Costa
Accommodations are available upon request for all individuals with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process.