We are currently seeking to hire a Principal Geologist for our mining Client in Thunder Bay. The duties will include the regular provision of high-level technical advice to all drilling and mapping programs and geochemical and geophysical surveys being conducted by the exploration department. This will also include mentoring of new/less experienced staff and full responsibility for designing, budgeting, implementing, interpreting and reporting on the departments R&D programs.
This is a permanent full-time role, working 4 on/ 3 off rotation.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of competitive salary, incentive bonus, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your off duty time enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities. Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
· Provide technical advice and interpretations relating to drilling, mapping. core logging, outcrop and surficial media sampling, trenching, drilling, analytical methods, geophysical survey design, data capture, storage, interpretation and reporting.
· In consultation with the Exploration Manager, develop the budget and scope of the department’s R&D projects and direct, interpret and report on the results of these programs.
· Assist the Technical Services department in the interpretations of 3D geology, grade distributions and structures.
· Contribute to the department's community outreach and public relations functions as requested by the ExplorationManager.
· Develop and/or maintain a high-level of expertise in financial, geological, geochemical and geophysical modeling of platinum-group metal and nickel-copper sulfide deposits and share this knowledge with departmental staff by completing forward models of new targets and extensions to existing resources
· Contribute to the department's regular monthly and annual technical reports as directed by the Exploration Manager.
· Assist the Exploration Manager in completingBoard presentations, News Releases and Annual corporate filings.
· Assist project teams in the interpretation of drill core and surface survey data and in the prioritization of exploration targets.
· Contribute to geo scientific research papers dealing with property and greenfield properties
· Provide on-site supervision to junior geological and geotechnical staff in accordance with the Departmental organizational chart and as agreed with the relevant supervisors.
· Oversee (and manage where applicable) the acquisition, quality control and assurance of data and information (including technical reports) related to the role within approved repositories and in line with current best practice standards.
· Assist the Exploration Manager, as requested, incompletion of monthly and annual budget reconciliations and accruals.
· Review performance against plan and report deviations to Senior Exploration staff and continuously adjust to ensure compliance.
· Ph.D or Master degree in Geology with a focus on magmatic ore deposits.
· Demonstrated proficiency in PGE and nickel-copper sulfide exploration is required
· Employment contingent on obtaining APGO designation
· Minimum 10 years in exploration experience and research is required.