Responsible for coordinating overall engineering matters from their discipline, across all projects in the portfolio. This includes the review of and recommendations regarding all engineering solutions. The projects include FEL 1 and FEL 2 studies. They are responsible to contribute to their projects and ensure they are finalized within scope, cost, and schedule baselines, while ensuring the projects are delivered within the safety and quality objectives agreed for the project.
- Leads and actively promotes behaviours with the safety goals for all stakeholders including employees, contractors, customers, and members of the community.
- Accountable for achieving zero harm by participating in the design of safe working systems, site inspections and safety interactions in their project area and ensuring all follow-up actions are carried out.
- Provides assistance to accident/incident investigations from a technical perspective when required.
- Promotes a healthy working environment.
- Maintains current knowledge of SPE requirements and helps to train and coach peers with respect to using this system.
- Influences project team members performance and influences their activities as necessary to ensure project requirements are achieved.
- Communicates regularly with the Project team both internally and externally on strategies to ensure that goals and priorities are clearly understood
- Recommends to the Manager, Project Engineering any requirements for additional resources and strategies to maintain the schedule.
- Review proposed solutions to confirm general conformance with regulations, policies, standards, and guidelines. Provide feedback on any gaps or opportunities to ensure continuous improvement.
- Provides support to the team and senior leadership on industry leading practices in their discipline.
- Anticipates and proposes solutions to current/potential risks in their discipline.
- Coordinates the engineering input including project reviews for the project governance assessments and ensures follow-up actions are completed.
- Interfaces with other members of the Project Team and contractors to ensure no aspect of the project is overlooked or lags in progress and assists in the development and implementation of recovery plans.
- Leads, co-ordinates and monitors study areas and contractors within their responsible discipline to ensure project requirements are achieved.
- Provides assistance with Contract Management of their assigned contract packages to ensure timely submission of deliverables by tracking and reviewing key performance metrics and escalating deviations to the contract management team and project manager.
- Technically reviews project deliverables, prioritizes and expedites the Request for Information (RFI) process, Design Change Requirement (DCR) prepares and approves project changes of a technical nature.
- Responsible for review and delivery of engineering for the FEL 1 and FEL 2 studies as agreed by the Manager, Project Engineering taking into consideration the full project lifecycle.
- Coordinates and ensures compliance to project procedures including the management of project documentation and ensuring these are received, reviewed, commented, responded, and incorporated in project archives.
- Coordinates the outputs of their assigned project team or teams in line with the detailed scope, cost, and schedule control baselines and manages any project changes in terms of this agreed baseline.
- Mitigates project delays by coordinating the different functions and establishing priorities.
- Ensures measurement of progress on all contracts for reporting progress to the Manager, Project Engineering and broader team as required.
- Ensures scope forecast of cost and schedule is updated as prescribed by the project requirements.
- Ensures all trade-offs and engineering is delivered to required standards.
- Facilitates regular interactions with end users to ensure site specific requirements are incorporated.
- Aid in the preparation of project approval and change documentation from a technical perspective including AFE, APC, PDD, DEC submissions.
- Aid in the preparation of routine report and presentations.
- Audits monthly invoices for engineering service providers.
- Prepares scopes of work for engineering and construction tender packages.
- Participates in the development of engineering quality assurance methods.
- Expedites and monitors the submission of key project deliverables includes final design drawings, as built information, final design and construction reports.
- Participates in the preparation of PHRs, JHA, PMRA, FLHA, MOCs, Lift Plans and manages the Project Risk registry as required for the safe execution of the project.
- Achieves an intimate understanding of their respective areas at the sites where studies are conducted.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must be skilled in data analysis and problem-solving.
- Must have strong organization and time management skills.
- Have the ability to influence without authority.
- Takes initiative and is able to self-direct to accomplish goals with minimum supervision.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Monday to Friday, 40 hrs a week
Contact PersonEmilie Bouchard
Accommodations are available upon request for all individuals with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process.