Sr. Analyst, Procurement
We are currently seeking 2 Sr Analysts, Procurement Capital Projects to join our Mining Client in Sudbury, Ontario. This is a secondment position, full time Monday to Friday with possibility of renewal. It is a remote position (work from home), with potential travel to site as required.
You will execute the procurement of materials, equipment and services for Capital Projects, aiming to assure the supply of items for business continuity, at the lowest total cost of ownership possible, achieving industry best practice standards of delivery time and quality of products and services.
- Establish and implement project-specific procurement strategies.
- Leading RFP’s; awarding; & managing complex multi-million-dollar contracts.
- Conduct a pre-qualification process of prospective bidders. Analysis of pre-qualification forms, recommend and obtain approval of proponent’s lists.
- Prepare and launch the Requests for Proposals.
- Receive proposals, proceed with the commercial analysis and manage internal and external communication.
- Review exceptions to Terms and Conditions withLegal (others) prior to Agreement finalization.
- Conduct a complete commercial evaluation including Total Cost of Ownership Analysis, Productivity Analysis
- Lead negotiations with proponents before award and draft the recommendation for award.
- Ensure that all awards are drafted to incorporate supplier / contractor obligations to owner and mitigation of risk as much as possible.
- Ensure awards meet quality, compliance, legal, ethical and safety standards
- Prepare and issue contract documents for signature with the input from other project functions.
- Conduct handover meetings to the Project representatives, ensuring that all team members are conversant with owner andSupplier/contractor obligations as stipulated in the award.
- Handle the change management process.
- Handle Contract amendments; negotiating requests for amendments; claims and litigation, if necessary: Commercial closeout of order/contract, if any de-commits required.
- Provide timely and effective communication of issues to the Procurement Leader.
- Manage key suppliers in the region and develop the business relationship for specific products/services.
- Other duties as required to ensure that the project is completed to the standard as requested by the Procurement Leader.
- An Undergraduate Degree or equivalent confirmed experience
- Certification in a professional association (SCMP) an asset
- 5-7 years' of experience in the Capital Project procurement field
- Experience in awarding multi-million-dollar contracts
- Knowledge of procurement principles and processes
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Organized, self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal an written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills,Power BI experience is an asset
Monday to Friday (40 hours/ week)
Contact PersonMelodie Kulson
Accommodations are available upon request for all individuals with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process.