Structural Project Coordinator
Our Client is looking for a Structural Project Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will preferably have 1+ years experience in industrial and/or mining projects as a project coordinator. We are seeking safety first minded people with good communication skills, attention to detail and can work in a team-based environment.
A Structural Project Coordinator is responsible for the full life cycle of a variety of projects with different complexity and size starting with the estimate proposal through the execution of the project. The individual will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, and completion of project deliverables ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. The Project Manager will need to maintain and foster relationship with clients, both internal and external.
· Assist in managing project risks by thoroughly estimating the scope, specifications, market conditions etc. from budgetary information to set details.
· Work with other departments and disciplines to optimize project deliverables.
· Determine and implement the best course of action to have a project fabricated– from kickoff to post-mortem.
· Perform material take offs from construction drawings (Mechanical & Structural) & review project specifications.
· Plan, price and coordinate material, labour and outsourcing requirements.
· Prepare, present and review project estimate considering scope and drawings.
· Issue estimate proposals to clients.
· Close/negotiate tenders with clients.
· With the assistance of detailers transform the tender documents into workable production package for the shop to fabricate.
· Procure materials and align subcontractors to meet project deadlines.
· Liaise with clients to build and maintain a trusting relationship, and ongoing satisfaction.
· Assist the Structural Project Manager in completing day to day functions which may include some administrative functions.
· Manage project schedule. Ensure that production and shipping scheduling meet the client’s needs.
· Communication through every facet and stage of the project ;internal & external clients, internal production team, necessary vendors, subcontractors.
· 1+ years of experience in projectcoordinator or structural estimating is preferred
· Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent combinations of technical training preferred.
· Applicant must be able to readand understand Construction Drawings (Mechanical and Structural).
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in both a fast-paced, team environment and/or independently.
· Proficiency in theMicrosoft suite, focusing primarily on Excel.
· Knowledge of steelfabrication methodologies.
· Well organized, ableto multi-task and have strong problem-solving capabilities.