Underground Equipment Trainer
This is a 12 month contract-based position based at the Voisey’s Bay mine site in Labrador, a fly-infly-out operation. This position is on a two week on, two week off rotation.
The Underground Mine Training Instructor has a primary responsibility to ensure that employees receive the knowledge and practical training to work safely and productively in an Underground Mine environment. They will also be expected to support the development of workers in other related fields as requested. The Underground Mine Training Instructor will administer and assist in the development, coordination and delivery of all facets of Underground Mine training. They will also be required to perform regulatory training, equipment training, assess competencies/qualifications and execute related training initiatives.
- Provide classroom instruction and functional training on mining equipment and processes to a level of competency required by the company to both experienced and inexperienced equipment operators joining the underground workforce during the ramp up ofUnderground Operations.
- Coordinate and deliver safe and effective classroom and field instruction including competency evaluations to support applicable maintenance and other training programs;
- Deliver orientation training, deliver specialized certification training education (examples include Basic Common Core, Power Line Hazards and LOTO / Zero Energy);
- Partner with Departmental Leaders to identify training needs and optimize training effectiveness and efficiency;
- Develop Equipment, OHS, Site and Company related training programs;
- Mentor and coach employees. Evaluate individual performance of employees and provide
- results to management
- Mentor and coach supervisors in their role by assisting with access to training records and
- utilizing the online LMS (Learning Management System
- Maintain required Training certifications, ensuring all training is following legislative
- requirements, and in conformance with company policies, Collective Bargaining Agreement
- (CBA) and Impact and Benefits Agreements (IBA)
- Establish and maintain employee training records, both hardcopy and electro
- Minimum Grade 10 secondary school or equivalent is required.
- Minimum Class 5 provincial Driver license.
- Underground Hard Rock Miner Common Core with Specialty Modules or equivalent. (Please
- provide transcript with application)
- Train-the-Trainer Course recognized by the MLTSD preferred
- Additional Trainer Certifications (WorkplaceNL Trainer, St John Ambulance Trainer, etc) are
- considered an asset.